TEFL Internships in Thailand
New dates for May 2016 just launched! Download your free guide to register your interest in the Thailand internship.
Starting May 3rd 2016
How does around five months living and working as an English teacher in Thailand sound? We’re looking for native English speakers who fancy spending five months in Thailand starting in May 2016. We’ve teamed up with Global Education Solutions (GES) to give you the chance to get our Professional TEFL Course (140 hours) followed by five amazing months experience of teaching English in Thailand, with 24-hour support.
GES has created a unique program for first-time teachers, giving you full support from their team so you can make the most of your time in Thailand.
What Happens Before You Arrive in Thailand?
If you don’t already have a recognised TEFL certificate, we’ll make sure you’re fully trained before you head out to Bangkok. This will ensure you have all the confidence you need to enjoy your time in the classroom. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Our Professional TEFL Course (140 hours)
- Expert tutor advice and tips from the i-to-i team
- Instructions on how to complete your application for the internship program
Once you’ve sent in your application, the GES team will work with you to get your internship sorted. They'll help you arrange your visa and make sure you have all the information and advice you need to get on your flight to Bangkok with complete confidence.
What Do You Get in Thailand?
Those first few days in Bangkok will be about getting used to life in Thailand, doing a bit of sightseeing and getting prepared for the challenges ahead! Here’s what you get:
- A reputable 5 month internship
- Monthly living allowance: You’ll receive a 16,000 Thai baht every month
- Accommodation provided You'll live in a private bedroom in shared accommodation
- In-country support: As soon as your plane touches down in Bangkok you’ll get all the support and guidance you’ll need to make your first TEFL experience a success
- 5 day orientation in Bangkok: This is a great opportunity to catch up with the other interns, and check out all the sights, sounds and smells of Bangkok on the free city tour
- Two days of practical TEFL training: When you arrive in Thailand, we’ll provide you with the 20 Hour Classroom Foundation TEFL Course in Bangkok
- A network of new friends: You’ll be joined in Thailand by interns from the US, Canada, New Zealand, Britain and Ireland.
- Exciting social events organised for you: Get to know all the other interns (and sample some Thai food and drink!) during your orientation with a welcome dinner and Bangkok city tour
What Do You Need to Do the Internship?
You’ll need 140 hours of TEFL training. If you haven’t already done our Professional TEFL Course (140), we’ll train you before you head off for Bangkok. If you're already TEFL certified, call our TEFL experts to discuss your options.
You’ll need to:
What you don’t need
- Be able to spend 5 months in Thailand starting May 3rd 2016
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a full university degree
- Be aged between 21 and 45
- Hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or Canada
- Have a taste for adventure, an open mind and a spot of wanderlust!
- To pay 16,000 Baht for your teacher's license waiver, work permit and visa extension upon arrival. GES also require a refundable 5,000 THB accommodation deposit upon arrival
- Suitable travel insurance (i-to-i can help, just ask!)
- To know how to speak Thai. Although ‘Sawatdee’ always comes in handy!
- Any previous teaching experience. Absolute beginners are welcome.